Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

1. I am going to make my prayer time more contemplative and less like a "wish list to Santa."
2. I will use my enjoyment of reading blogs on the Blogging Episcopalians webring as a springboard to contemplative prayer. (Some of the stuff people write really moves me!)
3. I am not going to let the gossip about runaway congregations from the ECUSA or the Anglican Communion's issues with ECUSA get in the way of my spiritual growth. Those of us who embrace the ECUSA's way of looking at things need to play more offense in how we let God show his presence in our lives rather than play defense worrying about what conservatives think.
4. I will read all the books in the new Church's Teaching Series.
5. I'll leave room for #5 for something that bubbles up later in the year!

0 comments:

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!