Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!


180
by Kirkepiscatoid

How did this happen? Hell, I don't know.
Yesterday, the darkness was palpable,
the fear unshakable,
the grief scarcely bearable.

But today, I have seen the impossible.

You want an explanation? Hell, there is none.
I saw him die.
I saw them take him down.
I saw the livor mortis start.

But today, life springs forth everywhere.

Can I prove this? Oh, hell no. Can't be done.
All I know is what once was dead is alive forever.
All I know is what I once feared is not worth fearing.
All I know is to forget everything I once thought was for sure.

I don't care to explain it, understand it, parse it, or pick it apart. I just want to live in it.

"Alleluia; Christ is risen."
"The Lord is risen indeed. Alleluia."

2 comments:

Let the great alleluia that we sing today echo eternally in your heart!

YES! Alleluia!

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!