Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

Canticle 21, p. 95, BCP You are God (Te Deum Laudamus)

You are God: we praise you;
You are the Lord: we acclaim you;

You are the eternal Father:
All creation worships you.

To you all angels, all the powers of heaven,

Cherubim and Seraphim, sing in endless praise:


Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord, God of power and might,
heaven and earth are full of your glory.

The glorious company of apostles praise you.

The noble fellowship of prophets praise you.

The white-robed army of martyrs praise you.
Throughout the world the holy Church acclaims you;


Father of majesty unbounded,

your true and only Son,
worthy of all worship,

and the Holy Spirit, advocate and guide.

You, Christ, are the king of glory,

the eternal son of the Father.
When you became man to set us free

you did not shun the Virgin's womb.
You overcame the sting of death
and opened the kingdom of heaven to all believers.
You are seated at God's right hand in glory.

We believe that you will come and be our judge.

Come then, Lord, and help your people,

bought with the price of your blood,
and bring us with your saints to glory everlasting.


Almighty God...
You are God...and I am not.
I realize if it were totally up to me,
I would be claiming benevolence,
But I would really be simply doing as I wish.

Sometimes I strain and strain to hear what you would have me do,
What it is that would most please you,
But I forget that in doing that,
I have lost sight of you.
You do not expect me to have a relationship
Where I am required to bring an "A" home on my paper every day
To get your approval.

You are God, the Almighty;
Author of all creation,
praised by saints and angels,
apostles, martyrs, and prophets.
Yet you not just have room to love me,
but desire to love me.

I am no saint.
I am no angel.
I am no apostle, nor prophet.
I am only me.
I am not even a very nice person some days.
Yet you often show me how much you love me
and only ask that I love you back
and share this love with community.

You ARE God.
I simply ask for you to teach me to hear you better.

4 comments:

Ah... nice, really nice.

Beautiful.

This is very moving:

You do not expect me to have a relationship
Where I am required to bring an "A" home on my paper every day
To get your approval.

And something I continually need to hear.

Many of us have to be reminded of that one, Ruth! You are not alone there!

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!