Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!




(Crucifixion, detail, Matthias Grunewald, c 1515, from The Edge of the Enclosure)



11
Jesus is Nailed to the Cross


Then they brought Jesus to the place called Golgotha (which means the place of a skull). And they offered him wine mixed with myrrh; but he did not take it. And they crucified him, and divided his clothes among them, casting lots to decide what each should take. It was nine o'clock in the morning when they crucified him. The inscription of the charge against him read, "The King of the Jews."
 
And with him they crucified two bandits, one on his right and one on his left.
 
Those who passed by derided him, shaking their heads and saying, "Aha! You who would destroy the temple and build it in three days, save yourself, and come down from the cross!"
 
In the same way the chief priests, along with the scribes, were also mocking him among themselves and saying, "He saved others; he cannot save himself. Let the Messiah, the King of Israel, come down from the cross now, so that we may see and believe."
 
Those who were crucified with him also taunted him.


Mark 15:22-32


(Crucifixion, detail, Matthias Grunewald, c 1515, from The Edge of the Enclosure)


Tell me, God of all understanding,

Whose hands and feet did I nail down today,

Not with iron spikes, but with computer keys?

What flip comment did I make

That caused someone’s online voice to go silent?

Who did I taunt?

How did I cross the line from teasing to mocking?

When did I become one of the crowd, piling on?

Who did I distance because I answered my cell phone?

Train my hands, O Lord,

To be as swift to cradle the hands of others

As I am at whipping out my cell phone.

Train my feet, O Lord,

To walk far and near with the Good News in Christ

As fast as I walk to a better cell phone connection.

0 comments:

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!