Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

(The Mocking of Christ, detail, Matthias Grunewald, 1503, from The Edge of the Enclosure)

5
Jesus is Arrested

Immediately, while he was still speaking, Judas, one of the twelve, arrived; and with him there was a crowd with swords and clubs, from the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders. Now the betrayer had given them a sign, saying, "The one I will kiss is the man; arrest him and lead him away under guard." So when he came, he went up to him at once and said, "Rabbi!" and kissed him. 

Then they laid hands on him and arrested him.
 
But one of those who stood near drew his sword and struck the slave of the high priest, cutting off his ear. Then Jesus said to them, "Have you come out with swords and clubs to arrest me as though I were a bandit? Day after day I was with you in the temple teaching, and you did not arrest me. But let the scriptures be fulfilled."
 
All of them deserted him and fled. 

A certain young man was following him, wearing nothing but a linen cloth. They caught hold of him, but he left the linen cloth and ran off naked.

Mark:14:43-52


Oh, Lord…I’ve done it again. I’ve gone and shot my mouth off.

He makes me so angry. His politics are nothing like mine. He pontificates and runs off at the mouth.

He just doesn’t get it, you know?

He puts stuff on my wall that is the exact opposite of what I believe.

I get irritated every time I have to delete his garbage from my wall.

So why am I hurt that he un-friended me?

This should not hurt—he never really was my “friend”—we are not alike at all.

I get it, God…I really do. My heart is heavy because I’ve failed to commend the good that is in him.

Well, I can message him on a mutual friend’s wall. I can offer to make amends.

Imbue me with the courage to try again, Lord, and grant us both peace if he chooses to block me.

0 comments:

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!