Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!


(The Mocking of Christ, detail, Matthias Grunewald, 1503, from The Edge of the Enclosure)

9
Jesus is Mocked and Scorned

Then the soldiers led him into the courtyard of the palace (that is, the governor's headquarters ); and they called together the whole cohort.



And they clothed him in a purple cloak; and after twisting some thorns into a crown, they put it on him.



And they began saluting him, "Hail, King of the Jews!"



They struck his head with a reed, spat upon him, and knelt down in homage to him.


After mocking him, they stripped him of the purple cloak and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him out to crucify him.

Mark 15:16-20

Creator God, you love each and every one of us.

You love us equally, yet you love us uniquely.

Why, then, is it so easy to make fun
of celebrities and politicians we don’t even know, or never have met?

I would not tell one of my female friends, “You look like a man.”

I would not tell one of my obese friends that they are fat and sloppy.

I would not call my gay and lesbian friends “faggots” or “dykes.”

I would not belittle my friends over their respective religions or lack thereof.

But for some reason, because they are “virtual people” I feel vindicated for being ugly.

For some reason, it makes me feel important when I can bash people not in the room.

Remind me, Creator God, you created them, too, and you love them just as much as me.

0 comments:

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!