Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

I was incredibly morose yesterday after reading this post from Bishop Gene Robinson's blog. I wanted so much to be able to reach across the web and hug the dude!

Gene, if I could sit across the table from you, I would grab both your hands in mine with a big squeeze, stare you smack dab in the face with what my friends call my "serious as a crutch" look, and this is what I'd say...

"Hell, not only will I pray for you, I will not abandon you. I will sit right there in your "hurting place", maybe off in the corner a little, because I don't really know you (I'd leave room closer to you for those who you need closer.) But I will sit there as long as you need me to sit. I know the "hurting place". Sure, the things that make me hurt in it are different than yours, but I know the place. I've bought the souvenir T-shirt from that place.

"I hate that place. It hurts like hell to be in that place, because even if I sit there for someone else, I feel the resonance of my own pain in it. But I will sit there with you in it so you will not be alone. With God's help you will rise above it. Me too--but we'll save my stuff for later. Today is about your stuff, and I will bear your burden on my own dislocated shoulders for as long as you need me. God be with you, my friend I've never met."

3 comments:

I love this post. This is great. I've got your back having Gene's back. We all need to have each other's back in that way.

I was just speaking with Grandmere Mimi and the power of this community is so amazing to me and such a gift.

Gulp...you really know how to "watch a back!"...somehow I think you're watching mine too...thanks, maybe you're watching everybodies...you get to be the head back watcher...maybe you ought be President instead...we need some quality back watching.

Love to you and thanks!

Bless you, Kirkepiscatoid.

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!