Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

My "40 days with Joan Chittister" book has some "questions for the end of the journey". Today, I'm just going to post the questions and let the weekend take care of the answers. As with the end of a lot of trips, I think I need to just kick back and relax for a couple days first--just like when I go on vacation, it does me no good to come home Sunday night and go back to work Monday morning. In my real life "trips", I have learned that if I don't give myself that couple days down time before going back to work, often the value of the recreational aspects of the trip was negated. Right now I am feeling a little bit of the "weariness" of the trip being over, if you get my drift.

So, here are the questions. I am going to do church work day today, and watch one of my closest church friends get confirmed tomorrow at Trinity, and see what all that tells me before answering these!

1. How are you different?
2. What have you learned?
3. What have you experienced?
4. In what ways has your faith and practice been transformed?

2 comments:

I know what you mean about having a little bit of transition time.

Isn´t it something how things unfold when one stops the pressure to perform?

Makes me think of all that I may have missed out on when I´m so eager to evaluate!

Thanks. Kickingback in Sacatapequez,

Leonardo

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!