Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

We are having a pretty good fall colorfest this year in NE Missouri. I came home from work yesterday and all of a sudden I noticed my burning bush. It never disappoints me in the fall, and this fall is no exception! Since we are very much an "Oak-hickory" forest land up here, we have plenty of brownish-reds and yellows, but a little shy of orange and brilliant red in the natural surroundings. We often have to look for those colors in town in the things we've planted. There's a brilliant orange-red sugar maple next to the vicarage; I was telling the vicar I didn't know if his neighbor's tree would inspire him or distract him in his homily prep this weekend!

5 comments:

Keep rubbing it in, will ya ;)?

That is just beautiful!

Very beautiful. We are having some astonishing colors too.

My oh my how beautiful!

I live in oak/sycamore woodland, and this time of year is yellows, browns (and lots and lots of that!) and greens. Some of the natives, though are blooming depending on whether they are on the north or south side of the canyon here... purples.

Soon everything will be emerald against stark deep red sandstone cliffs.

I just took a photo of our burning bush. The fall here has been perfect.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!