Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

It's all Elizabeth Kaeton's fault for posting this.

It immediately kicked in my "song lyrics muse." I am not kidding; I whacked this out in FOUR MINUTES. Is this my brush with divine inspiration?

Here's to you, Bishop Robinson (with apologies to Simon and Garfunkel)

And here's to you, Bishop Robinson,
Jesus loves you more than you will know. (whoa whoa whoa)
God bless you, please Bishop Robinson.
Heaven holds a place for those who pray,
Hey, hey, hey
hey, hey, hey

We'd like to know a little bit about your for our files
We'd like to help you learn to damn yourself.
Look around you all you see are schismatic Anglo-eyes,
They can't believe God thinks that you are loved.

And here's to you, Bishop Robinson,
Jesus loves you more than you will know. (whoa whoa whoa)
God bless you, please, Bishop Robinson.
Heaven holds a place for those who pray,
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey.

Your fame has got your face upon the Daily Show.
Gold star in your tiara, that's for sure.
It's a little secret that you kick schismatic butt.
You represent inclusive love, a thing they fear.

Koo-koo-ka-choo, Bishop Robinson,
Jesus loves you more than you will know. (whoa whoa whoa)
God bless you, please, Bishop Robinson.
Heaven holds a place for those who pray,
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

Sitting on a sofa on a Monday afternoon.
Hit the remote to HBO.
Laugh about it, shout about it
When he does not appear
Every way you look at this kicks rear.

Where have you gone, Queen Eliz'beth I,
Our communion turns its prayer book page to you. (woo woo woo)
What's that you say, Bishop Robinson.
Her Majesty has left and gone away,
Hey hey hey.

(Yes, Elizabeth, I know. Spend the $35 with the copyright office.)

10 comments:

I'm glad you mentioned this at Fran's. I appreciate the smile that I have right now. Good.

Damn, girl! You are soooo good!

Excellent, Kirke.

LOL - good one.

Heh! Me likey!

Bravo...more, mas, mas!

Brilliant. Brava!

Am I allowed, despite the money spent at the copyright office, to e-mail this on to my son?

He just sent me a photo of himself with Bishop Robinson. Now, my son is not religious - has never been religious - but there he is in a photo being hugged by a Bishop. The picture was taken in Annapolis, at the "Equality Maryland's Lobby Day for GLBT Rights". Bishop Robinson gave the major speech.

Am proud and vain enough to want to post that photo here - but the window is "text only".

Anyway, can I share with him, your Bishop Robinson lyrics?

Certainly! Share with him what you'd like, just credit me...

...and I'd love to see the photo. Holler at me sometime and I'll share my #1 e-mail addy....

Sorry for getting "carried away". It was the coincidence of reading your paraphrase of "Mrs. Robinson" and then receiving - less than an hour later - a photo of my son with Bishop Robinson that blew my mental hard drive. Was as surprising to me as it would have been to you if you had received, shortly after completing the lyrics, a photo of the Bishop astride your mule. I was that shocked. Should not have been. Since I have started following your blog, there have been so many odd coincidences that I sometimes think I have left the rational world behind and entered the realm of magic.

Anyway, you can find the photo at:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/byzantinespy/n606786660_1325463_5001.jpg

My son, Rob, is wearing glasses. His friend, Patrick, is at the Bishop's right hand.

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!