Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

Well, in short, it's not good. Although Bo had a biopsy of his mass (results to follow next week), it is probably a moot point, as further studies show he probably has metastases to bone and possibly his lungs. The advice of the veterinary team at MU was "let him go home and be a dog as long as he feels like being a dog," and prescribed some pain pills to start to plan to keep him as pain-free as possible.

In other words, if he were a person, it would be the equivalent of a stage IV malignancy.

Bo's mom says he has a little bit of the "drunken sailor" walk at the moment since he had been drugged to get a CT scan, but I'm sure by tomorrow he will mostly be back to being "Bo as usual."

I hope they can have "Bo as usual" for as long as they're allowed. I also worry about his companion, Miss Zera Ruth. I left some goodies over at their house while his folks were driving to Columbia to pick him up, including some for Zera...she deserves some lovin', too! Meanwhile, I think the best prescription is lots of hugs and a few hamburgers. I will keep you all posted.

6 comments:

I'm so sorry, Maria. I am going to post something my mom found when her dog, Gracie, was slowly dying of renal failure. It will dovetail nicely with what you wrote in your previous post. Prayers are ascending from me and Frankie, Zoe, Cosmo, & Lola (and the bunnies). Our Beau (short for Beau Geste) from my childhood, and Annie who we rescued, and Jake her son, and Ellie, and Axel, Gracie, Bernie, and Chiquita - all the dogs who were loved and a part of my family are waiting to welcome Bo to that big dog park on the other side.

Lenny and CoCo are very sad to hear the news and send their special prayers to DOG/GOD for Bo.

I've always said that "God" and "Dog" are the same thing if you happen to be dyslexic. May we all be smitten with that kind of "dyslexia".

I know it helps Bo, Zera, and their parents to have all this wonderful dog solidarity from dogs and their folks from all over the blogosphere. I talked to them for a while last night and they both felt it was a real "prayers of the people" moment outside of the church walls.

Dog and God...me too.

God and Dog...me too.

Let him be a dog.

Let God be God.

Keep the hamburgers rolling.

Abrazos

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Saying more prayers.

I am sending so many prayers - poor Bo.

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!