Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

Inspired by nka's post...

Kirkepiscatoid's top 10 reasons why HBO somehow managed to miss airing Bishop Gene Robinson's opening prayer for the Inaugural festivities:

10. Fred Phelps cut the cable.
9. Wasn't sung to the tune of "YMCA."
8. Bishop Gene wore a tasteful purple shirt instead of leather outfit with butt cheeks showing.
7. Could not finalize contract negotiations with former bishops of Pittsburgh and San Joaquin for play-by-play, halftime, and post-prayer commentary.
6. SAG rules say any non-union gays have to appear with Ellen DeGeneres or Rosie O'Donnell.
5. After reading Susan Russell's Facebook page, HBO found out the "Episcopalian Gay Agenda" on weekends consists of doing laundry and preaching, which won't boost the Neilsens.
4. They thought C-Span would pick it up.
3. He just stood there and prayed; no mincing or swishing.
2. Fox News and Bill O'Reilly came through with the "hush money" in the nick of time.

And the #1 reason...
1. Dick Cheney's daughter was on the dais and they could not figure a camera angle that didn't show her.

12 comments:

So far, reading this post has been the best part of the inauguration for me. Very well done.

Good one!

Wonderful, thank you, I needed that.

Thanks! Love it.

My favorite:

3. He just stood there and prayed; no mincing or swishing.

Excellent, Kirke.

Total hoot, Kirk!

Brilliant, as usual Kirke.

Thanks to all. Ah, if only I were clever enough to have my material stolen by Jay Leno....

Fabulous, Kirke. Thank you.

Oh, my GOD! I'm about to fall of the couch. I'm jiggling from the giggling!

OFF the couch. Laughing too much to hit all of the keys.

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!