Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

I got this one in my inbox today from my friend A. and had to laugh...partially b/c having known M. all these years has given me quite a command of English for a NE Missourian, and partially b/c it makes me realize just how much Yiddish permeates American English!

There may be those among you who support including Spanish as our national language. I for one am dead set against it! We should preserve the sanctity of the English language.

To all the schlemiels, schlemazels, nebbishes, nudniks, klutzes, putzes, schlubs, shmoes, shmucks, nogoodniks, and mamzers that are lurking out there in the crowd, I just want to say that I, for one, get sentimental when I think about English and its place in our society.

To tell the truth, it makes me so farklempt, I'm fit to plotz. This whole schmeer gets me broyges. When I hear these mavens and luftmenschen kvetching about our national language. What chutzpah! These shmegeges can tout their shlock about the cultural and linguistic diversity of our country and of English itself, but I, for one, am not buying their shtick. It's all so much dreck, as far as I'm concerned.

I exhort you all to be menshen about this and stand up to their fardrayte arguments and meshugganah, farshtunkene assertions. It wouldn't be kosher to do anything else.
Remember, when all is said and done, we have English and they've got bubkes! The whole mynseh is a pain in the tuchas!

7 comments:

Oy ve.

You are killing me here!

I love it!!

Being a Yiddisha broad, I love it. I'm howeleena. FranIAm sent me to you, doll. Great post.

Welcome Katie! Yeah, my Yiddish is not bad for a shiksa!

Oh this is so funny. I wondered how far down they would get before meshugganah made it in! I as not disappointed. I'm here from Padre's place, I think. That was where I read the comment about your palin name? Something to do with Loins that sent Paul over the top.

Yeah, but it just made Paul hot for Todd. You'll have to go to the link for the Palin Baby Name Generator over at Padre's and see what you end up as...

Drown Wing Palin

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!